You are here: Home › Match reports › Match reports

Contact Information

  • Telephone: 01722 331925
  • Address: Westwood Recreation Ground, Western way, Bemerton Heath, Salisbury,  Wiltshire, SP2 9DR

Match reports


Russell Coates Cup Q/Final
Wednesday 7th March 2012
Winchester City 0 BHHFC 3
For the third time this season Winchester have failed to beat Bemerton and the scoreline could have been higher but for good goalkeeping and some poor finishing by Slade but he still managed to bag himself a hat-trick to make sure Bemerton progressed into the next round to meet GE Hamble. The show was run by Durdey in midfield, Winchester failed to close him down quickly enough and when they did he was too good and managed to get himself enough room with quick feet and good control, his passing game was on top form and anything created seemed to come through him. Winchester did have some chances but the Bemerton’s back four were strong enough to cope and blocked them out for most of the game. A good competitive game to watch with both sides trying to play football and not a bad tackle in sight, how refreshing.

Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 25th February 2012
BHHFC 2 Blackfield & Langley 1
Not sure what to say about this game as it was played in a competitive spirit with only one bad tackle in the game but Bemerton still managed somehow to end up with 9 men. Sanger opened the scoring on 20mins when he turned Vickers inside out in the area to fire home 1-0. Blackfield tried getting into the game but never threatened even though they have two experienced strikers in Lynch and Hunt but they were easily cancelled out by the solid pair of Roberts and Mankin. Blackfiled pulled one back against the run of play when Lynch’s hopeful shot took a wicked deflection and left everyone flat footed apart from Hunt who was waiting unmarked in the box and it was a simple  tap in that levelled the score 1-1. Right on half time Slade managed to rise above Vickers to flick the ball into O’Keefe’s path and he wasted no time at all with a first time volley to make it 2-1. The score stayed the same in the second half and the football was fairly even more than can be said for what happen for the rest of the game. Blackfield were fortunate to end up with a full side but Bemerton not so lucky. A mis-interpreted incident following Vickers late high challenge on Slade led to Slade getting a red card and Vickers only a caution, very hard for the palyers to understand and difficult for them not to react. Then ex-Blackfield player Durdey, who had taken an awful lot of physical stick all game but given no protection ended up with a second yellow to add to Bemerton’s woes. Bemerton can feel very hard done by and that is hard to swallow but swallow it they must and put it behind them there is a long way to go before the end of the season.
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 25th February 2012
Lymington Town 0 BHHFC 3
Another potential banana skin away to a Lymington side that work hard and close you down quickly so the lads had to be on their toes to get anything out of this game. Bemerton took advantage of some poor defending for the first goal when Williams was pulled down by his shirt in the box on 25mins, up stepped Roberts to smashed in his 4th penalty on the trot to make 0-1. Slade should of doubled the elad when he had a free header following Eves pinpoint cross but he managed to put it onto the bar and away to safety. The second half saw Bemerton take more control and with Sanger going close and then hitting the post all in quick succession it was only a matter of time before Bemerton scored again. A goal mouth scramble saw Gallagher shot cleared off the line by Wykes the rebound hit Slade in the face only a yard out but somehow the ball rolled away to safety, Lymington were hanging on. Lymington were losing their composure and when Mankin was taken out with a very late challenge things were going the wrong way for them and another late challenge this time on Slade in the box saw another penalty awarded and that man Roberts again stepped up to score his 5th penalty on then trot 0-2. The final nail in Lymington’s coffin came late on when Slade forced a good save and as the ball ran loose Sanger followed up to score from an acute angle 0-3.
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 18th February 2012
GE Hamble 2 BHHFC 1
Although Bemerton could afford to lose this game this was one they wanted to get something from to keep a clear points gap between the two teams but Hamble wanted revenge for the defeat at Bemerton earlier in the season. GE Hamble can consider themselves a little fortunate to have won this game and to have had eleven men left on the pitch. When Young’s pace managed to get him clear he was rugby tackled by Lloyd Webber in the first half when through on goal but the punishment was a caution, lucky boy all around the ground were saying, and lucky boy he was indeed. This seem to set the standard of the game and things didn’t go Bemerton’s way in all aspect of this game and they went 1-0 down to a well worked goal and then 2-0 down to a goal against the run of play so Slade’s goal 15mins from time ended up only being a consolation goal. It will be interesting to see what happens when GE Hamble play Winchester.  
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 18th February 2012
BHHFC 3 Romsey 0
With a mixture of lack of fixtures and the weather taking it’s toll it has been 21 days without any football so the lads could have been excused for any rustiness that may of crept in but it was business as usual with a good 3 points against one of our bogey sides. Romsey were going well until Eastleigh pulled out their on-loan players and suddenly their results have been turned upside down. Young scored the first goal on 4mins through all his own work and ended up volleying a low shot into the bottom corner 1-0. The next chance fell to Slade whose free kick hit the top of the net but Romsey found themselves a little unlucky not to have scored before half time when the experienced Death found himself a golden opportunity only 6yds out but managed to head wide. The second half started much the same as the first with Young notching again just 4mins from the re-start. Williams finally killed the game off to make it 3-0 with 10mins to go when his strong run was finished with a powerful left footed shot into the roof of the net.

Saturday 28th January 2012
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
BHHFC 6 Bournemouth 0
With a new club record and history being set by Tom Roberts, Bemerton’s bouncebackability carried on against a side that had just beaten them 4-0 in the cup when they managed to score another 6 goals without reply and making it 18 goals in three games. Roberts made club history, and possibly league history, when he scored a hat-trick of penalties in a game which the score didn’t really reflect the game. Both sides were fairly matched and it took 3 quality saves from Toomer to stop Bournemouth taking the lead before Slade opened the scoring with a header set up by Mankin following a wicked free kick from Sanger 1-0. The first penalty was awarded right on half time when Sanger was taken out with a crude challenge, up stepped Roberts to fire home 2-0. The second penalty followed on 59mins when Sanger’s strong run saw him pulled back and Roberts stepped up to put the ball in the same spot to make it 3-0. Bournemouth were now wondering what had hit them and Bemerton were in full control. Sanger made it 4-0 following a piece of quality from Durdey, when the ball fell to Durdey on the halfway line his quick thinking saw him pick out Sanger with a volleyed pass and Sanger obliged when he quickly controlled the ball went round two defenders and slammed the ball into the roof of the net. Bournemouth lost some of their composure and were down to 10 men on 75mins which allowed Bemerton to take full advantage and two goals quickly followed, Roberts made it 5-0 again from the spot and again he fire the ball in the same place but too much quality to give the keeper no chance, then the last goal came from Slade when yetr another free kick from Sanger saw Slade rise above everyone and head home into the top corner 6-0.
Saturday 21st January 2012       
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
BHHFC 6 Alton Town 1
For the second time in a week Bemerton hit six goals and this time in was Alton Town who were punished for the previous poor performances. This was more like the Bemerton we know, the players seemed ready and focused and they attacked Alton from the first minute. It only took 4mins for Young to open the scoring when Slade won the ball and slipped it through for Young to go round Atkinson and slot home 1-0. Allthough Bemerton pressed they didn’t score again until the 42min when Durdey threaded a perfectly weighted pass into the path of Slade whose first touch took it past Atkinson before firing home with the outside of his foot 2-0. Slade got his second and Bemerton’s third when Sanger laid on an easy chance he couldn’t miss and he didn’t 3-0. Alton were given a chink of light on 75mins when they were awarded a penalty, luckily there was no video evidence otherwise someone would have been embarrassed, Dyer stepped up to convert and make it 3-1. Just 8mins later the impressive Durdey, who ran the midfield, again played a precision cross to give Slade a clear header and he made no mistake to make it 4-1. Alton were now ready for the showers but Bemerton kept pressing and were awarded when Sanger crossed the ball for Eves who flicked it on for Fisher to head home into the top corner 5-1. The final nail in Alton’s coffin came courtesy of Sanger and the deserved goal was a peach, when he got the ball he was surrounded like General Custer and shouts from Alton of ‘keep him on his left’ were heard all over the ground, Sanger took no notice and with some fast feet took the ball round two players got it onto his right foot and curled the ball into the top corner and oh how we all enjoyed that one 6-1.  
Monday 16th January 2012
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
BHHFC 1 Totton & Eling 2
Bemerton’s poor performances continued to this league match and they paid the ultimate penalty as well as letting themselves down with a performance well below what we have been familiar with this season. The long run of league wins came to an abrupt end at home to one of their bogey sides when they lost this game and lost valuable points in their chase on league leaders Winchester. Two big penalty claims sorted out the opening of the scoring and with Bemerton’s strong claim being turned down it was sod’s law that Totton were awarded a soft penalty which saw Marwood score from the spot on 44mins. Bemerton came back into the game when Newman managed to scramble the ball over the line to make it 1-1 on 54mins. The game was looking like a draw until Eves poor header allowed Oliver an easy chance and he took it to give Totton all 3 points and a feather in their cap.

Saturday 14th January 2012
Wilts Senior Cup Q/F
BHHFC 6 Corsham 1
Bemerton were forced to make a few changes due to injuries but the four players brought in, including Batchelor, an outfield player who played in goal, were more than a match for Corsham. Corsham started brightly and were awarded a soft penalty within 10mins when Bryan made the most of the slightest of touches from Batchelor and Ledgister stepped up to take the penalty which Batchelor guessed right and almost saved but the ball just squeezed under his body to roll over the line 0-1. This woke Bemerton up and slowly but surely they started to take control of the game and on 26min Slade struck the equaliser with a powerful low shot after Williams hard work opened the Corsham defense 1-1. Before half time Bemerton hit the net twice more to put this tie in no doubt. The second goal came from the penalty spot after Bull had rashly brought down Sanger, Roberts strode forward and smacked the ball into the net 2-1, Gallagher was next on the scoresheet when his deflected shot left Bull flatfooted to make it 3-1. The second half was played out and Corsham tried to push forward but Bemerton stood firm and any attacks were quickly stopped. Halfway through the second half Young came on and made an immediate impact with only his second touch he managed to find the net with a close range header 4-1, Slade got his second after Young’s shot was cleared off the line and it fell kindly into Slade’s path to make it 5-1 and the final nail in Corsham’s coffin came just 2mins from time when Sanger got his reward for all his hard work when Young pulled the ball back for Sanger to slam home 6-1
Monday’s game is home to Totton & Eling
See you there
Tuesday 10th January 2012
Wessex League Cup Q/F
Bournemouth 4 BHHFC 0
What a difference a few days make, following the last game against Winchester anybody watching would have thought this was a completely different side. Apart from the first 20mins when Bemerton should of taken the lead Bournemouth thoroughly deserved this result and the main difference between the sides were that Bournemouth wanted to win and Bemerton seemed to treat the game as if it was a pre-season friendly or a training match but take nothing away from Bournemouth they did what they had to do and could only play against what was in front of them. 4-0 may look flattering but Bournemouth took their chances well and good luck to them in the next round  
Next game home to Corsham in the Wilts Cup
See you there
Saturday 7th January 2012
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Winchester 2 BHHFC 2
A top of the table clash to start off the new year and with the highest scoring team played the best defensive team something had to give but it ended honours even at the end and probably was the right result although on chances Bemerton could of pinched all 3 points. Winchester took an early lead when Smeeton poked the ball through Toomer’s legs which made Bemerton push forward a little earlier than they expected and on 33mins Sanger found some space after Slade rose to flick the ball on and once in some space Sanger made no mistake to calmly slot the ball home to make it 1-1. Just before half time Bemerton took the lead through Slade when a corner was whipped in and Slade rose to powerfully head the ball into the top corner 1-2. Winchester started the second half on the attack and on 55mins they were rewarded when White took his chance well and picked his spot to fire home 2-2. White should of given Winchester the lead when he had a glorious chance but managed to fire wide then Bemerton could of scored when firstly Young then Sanger both had good chances inside the box but never threatened the net. The game ended 2-2 and Bemerton, unbeaten in the league since September, kept their league title chances alive.
Next game Tuesday 10th away to Bournemouth in the cup
See you there
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Monday 19th December & Tuesday 3rd January
BHHFC 5 Laverstock 1
BHHFC 2 Downton 1
Bemerton kept local bragging rights after beating both local rivals over the xmas period. Firstly Laverstock who are not having the best of times at the moment were well beaten when O’Keefe (2), Slade, Young & Mankin all found the net with Laverstock’s only reply coming from Haywood after being brought on.
The top local game came at the wrong time for Bemerton as they were missing 5 first team players and they were up against Downton who were at the top of their game enjoying several good recent results but Bemerton still managed to get the result they wanted and showed they were still the top local side and had players that could be brought in and make a difference. Slade and Gallagher gave Bemerton a two goal cushion and it could have been a few more apart from some good goalkeeping Downton came back a in the second half and managed to get one back through ex-Bemerton player Turpin but didn’t have quite enough to take any points away.

Saturday 3rd December 2011 FA Vase 3rd Rnd
BHHFC 0 Shortwood Utd 4
As reported the last time we played in this competition it is the team that performs best on the day that win and that was certainly the case in this tie. The day started with the club sign falling off the wall which was a sign of things to come and although the players were not aware of the club sign they also fell well short of their recent form and were disappointing on the day. The normally solid back four made some silly errors and gifted Shortwood a two goal advantage without them creating a chance and this set the pattern for the rest of the game. Both sides seem to cancel each other out and for the neutral watching this match it was quite a boring game to watch as both sides failed to create hardly any chances all game and Toomer was only called on late in the game to make some saves. All of this seems strange when you look at the final score but as in most cup games when you are two goals down and chasing the game then you open up and allow chances that are not normally given so the final scoreline flattered Shortwood to some extent. The first goal came on 32min from a free kick and whilst Toomer was organising the wall on one side of the goal the free kick was allowed to be taken quickly, without a whistle, and the result was that Bemerton were caught on the hop and the ball was placed in the other side of the net with everyone looking on 0-1. The second followed quickly on 42min when Eves should of dealt with a ball that was going out but lost concentration and the ball was put back across goal and walked into the net 0-2. Bemerton should of got back into this game on 65min when they were awarded a penalty but when things go wrong they go wrong and Slade’s penalty was well saved. Bemerton changed things second half but failed to breakdown Shortwood’s well organised defence and the game ended with two more goals one on 68min which was the decider after just missing a penalty and the last on 83mins but only the last one actually created and scored by Shortwood. In the end three very soft gifted goals and a poor performance allowed Shortwood an easy passage into the next round the most disappointing part for me was the fact that on recent form Bemerton could of won this game but it wasn’t to be and I wish Shortwood all the best for the next round.  
Next game is away to Cowes on Tuesday night in the league cup.

Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 26th November 2011
New Milton 0 BHHFC 2
Due to holidays, injuries and suspensions Bemerton’s starting line-up had a different look about it and Roe was brought in at full back along with Gallagher in mid-field. On a very windy day with a strong wind blowing straight down the pitch from end to end conditions were not ideal for playing a passing game added to that Bemerton had to be on their toes against a side that have been on the up recently and able to score goals through Baldacchino. The first 10mins were Bemerton’s they took the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed New Milton backwards. New Milton could have been down to ten men early on when Barge firstly pulled back Young then followed minutes later by fouling Sanger from behind when he was through on goal but he managed to get the benefit of the doubt.The game settled and although James was the busier of the two keepers it was Toomer who was called on first to make a fingertip save from Proctor when his shot from outside the box looked as though it was heading to the top corner. Bemerton, with Sanger on his own up front, who led the front line all day and gave nothing away, took the lead on 40mins after more good work by the lively and hard working Young, found Gallagher who laid a well weighted ball back into O’Keefe’s path and he made no mistake slotting the ball home from the edge of the box 0-1. New Milton were under the cosh a bit and their captain Curtis tried his best to claim every decision all over the pitch to help out but his constant claims were not always taken into consideration, but a good try nevertheless. Just before half time Bemerton should of scored again when Sanger set-up Williams only to see his powerful shot hit the underside of the bar and bounce away to safety. Young and Sanger continued to cause New Milton problems and early in the second Young created his own opening with a powerful run and hit a low cross into Sanger whose first time shot was saved by the outstretched legs of James. On 61mins Bemerton doubled their lead when Sanger finally got a reward for all his hard work after a quickly taken free kick by the intelligent Fisher, picked out Sanger unmarked on the edge of the box, he turned and took the ball into the box before picking his spot and firing home 0-2. New Milton probably had as much of the play as Bemerton in the second half but their final ball let them down time and time again and their efforts on Bemerton’s goal were limited. Another solid performance in difficult conditions to take all the points.
No mid-week game this week so the next game will be home on Sat 3rd to Shortwood in the next round of the FA Vase.
See you there


FA Vase 2nd Round Proper
Saturday 19th November 2011
BHHFC 3 Saltash 1
This competition is all about who plays the better on the day and this time it was Bemerton who took this tie without really looking in any danger. With Saltash 3rd in their league they had to be respected but Bemerton started shakily and gave them a little too much room which Cuzack took advantage of on 4mins when a poor clearance by Williams saw the ball put straight back into the box and Cuzack was left unmarked to tap home 0-1. Bemerton bounced straight back and a denied penalty claim on 8mins was just the start of a series of attempts in which Bemerton could of taken the lead. A goal line clearance from Slade kept Saltash in the game but Bemerton continued to put Saltash under pressure and they started commiting foul after foul trying to stop the onslaught. Bemerton finally found the net on 34mins when Durdey fed O’Keefe whose first time ball found Sanger, he then turned his marker inside out before firing a low powerful shot into the bottom left hand corner to make it 1-1. Saltash were hanging on for half time and after yet another goal line clearance it looked as though they may just about go in on level terms but Mankin had different ideas, a deep corner saw Slade rise and head the ball back across goal and Mankin found himself some room to fire home from close range 2-1. The second half saw Bemerton press for another goal to try and get a two goal cushion and make the tie safe and on 50mins they did just that. This time Slade’s flicked header found Williams who took the ball down the left and then hit a low cross finding Sanger who made no mistake 3-1. With a two goal cushion Bemerton kept Saltash at bay and limited any attempts they tried to create. Bemerton could of scored again but a combination of woodwork and good keeping kept the score at 3-1. The next round on 3rd December sees yet another tie against our old friends Shortwood and this will be the third time we have played each other in this competition, luckily we are at home this time.
Sydenhams Wessex League Cup
Monday 7th November 2011
BHHFC 3 Hamworthy 0
Bemerton’s record in this competition over the last few seasons reads well and what seemed a tough fixture on paper turned out to be a little more comfortable than everyone expected. The deadlock was broken in the first 5mins when Young broke away to hit a low cross to find Sanger unmarked at the far post to score from close range 1-0. Then just 2mins later recent signing Baker picked out O’Keefe with a curling cross and O’Keefe made no mistake with yet another fine headed goal 2-0. Before half time the game was over when a Toomer free kick found it’s way through to Sanger who picked his spot and slotted home 3-0. The second half was fairly even but by then the game was over and it ended 3-0.
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 5th November 2011
Horndean 0 BHHFC 3
After recent results from the free scoring Horndean, Bemerton had to be on their toes and put in a performance to get back to winning ways and they did just that giving Horndean no real chances to take any points from this game. A big penalty shout on 6mins which was denied started everything off and just one minute and 3 corners later Mankin found himself some room to head home powerfully after Sanger picked him out with a pin point cross 0-1. Then on 25mins an even bigger penalty shout was again turned down when Sanger was taken down after going round the keeper. The half came to a close but not before Sanger had an attempt cleared off the line and O’Keefe’s shot was well saved from close range. The second half saw Bemerton play up the slope which was easier to control the weight of pass and on 57mins Slade hit a low powerful shot hit the upright. Bemerton continued to press and just two minutes later Durdey picked out Roberts whose first time cross found O’Keefe who rose to head home to make it 0-2. The last goal came right on 90mins when Durdey was again involved fed Sanger who drew the keeper and fed Slade and he made no mistake 0-3.   
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Tuesday 1st November 2011
Hayling Island 2 BHHFC 2
Never an easy place to travel to especially mid-week but Bemerton slipped up and could quite easily of lost this game had Hayling had more fire power up front and had better control of their discipline. In a game full of mistakes from both sides Hayling took the lead on 20mins against the run of play from a deflected free kick from just outside the box that left Toomer flat footed but this was after Bemerton had been camped in their half for the first 20mins when both Mankin and Newman were guilty of missing simple chances. Then just 5mins later Hayling extended their lead when another break away from a long ball saw a scrambled goal poked in at the far post. Just before half time Slade pulled one back to go in 2-1 at half time. The second half started well for Bemerton and within 5mins of the re-start Williams struck an unstoppable shot from 25yds to level the score. As the half went on Hayling lost their discipline and were lucky the official was lenient but with 10mins to go they were eventually reduced to ten men but even then they should of taken the points after Bemerton’s normal solid defence made several schoolboy errors to give Hayling enough chances to win. In the end Bemerton managed to take a point even though they produced the worst performance so far this season.
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Saturday 29th  October 2011
Bournemouth 0 Bemerton 2
Bemerton kept up their good away form to record their fifth victory this month, four of which were clean sheets, and with a draw against Christchurch at the start on the month means they remain unbeaten in October which considering the amount of injuries and players not available is a credit to everyone. Bournemouth who have had a mixed start to the season fielded their new signings but it was still not quite enough to stop the in form Bemerton. A mix of missed chances, woodwork, clearances off the line and a solid game from Bournemouth’s keeper Frampton, kept the scoreline down to just the two goals both of which came in the first half against the wind. Williams continued his knack of finding the net when he hammered home a low left foot shot on 37mins giving Frampton no chance. Just before that chances fell to Sanger, Williams and Eves all of which could of seen Bemerton take the lead and Young was a thorn in Bournemouth’s side causing them all sorts of problems with his direct runs and high workrate. Before Bournemouth could re-organise themselves a long ball forward saw Frampton come out to collect but Slade managed to out jump the keeper and his header made it’s way into the net to make it 2-0 with only 40mins gone. The second half saw Bournemouth come at Bemerton but the back four stood firm and Toomer was only called on once to make an important save to keep his clean sheet. The game continued in the same vein and Bemerton could of extended their lead but it the end it finished 0-2 and Bemerton took the points and no complaints from Bournemouth about who deserved the points.
Tuesday is away to Hayling
See you there
Sydenhams Wessex Premier League
Wednesday 26th  October 2011
Newport IOW 0 Bemerton 1
Having to travel over to the island is never easy but made even more difficult when it involves a mid-week fixture. Not a classic encounter by all accounts but a solitary goal by Slade, which ended his goal drought, was enough to separate the two sides and give Bemerton all 3 points which took their tally to 13 points for the month. Bournemouth away (again) on Saturday will be another difficult game taking into consideration the new signings they have made.
See you there

Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Saturday 22nd October 2011

Moneyfields 1 Bemerton 2

This is now the 3rd side in 3 games that we have played twice already this season and Bemerton were keen to reverse the result of the last time they met when Moneyfields managed to nick the points at Western Way. The game was always going to be eventful as both sides play open football and on a bumpy pitch mistakes were going to be made. In the first 5 mins the action started when Hutching hit Metcalfe with a very heavy challenge which resulted in the end to Metcalfe’s afternoon and probably for a few more games to come. The game had it’s fair share of difficult decisions for the officials and Bemerton had 3 penalty claims turned down 2 for accidental hand ball and 1 for a controlled handball and when Slade got away and found a way through, but was brought down by the last man just outside the box, with nothing given Bemerton must have felt this wasn’t going to be their day. Moneyfields know their pitch well, as they should, so played the long ball game to good effect and it was one of those long balls that allowed them to take the lead. A combination of a lucky bounce and a mis-control allowed Evans to nip in behind but took his chance well to slot home 1-0. Bemerton kept playing their game and were rewarded just before half time when several shots inside the box were blocked until it fell kindly to Mankin who volleyed home from close range 1-1. The second half was similar to the first with both sides going for the win and making strong challenges all over the pitch although Bemerton always looked the more dangerous with Young and Slade causing Moneyfiled’s defence all sorts of problems. Bemerton got the winner on 72mins when the pitch played it’s part and the bobble deceived Rackley and his final touch fell to Sanger who drew Hook and slotted home in the corner. 1-2

Wednesday is away to Newport IOW


Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Tuesday 18th October 2011

BHHFC 3 Alrseford Town 0

This the second side in consecutive games that we won’t be seeing again this season unless it’s in the cup. Bemerton did exactly the same as Saturdays game when they kept control the whole match and scored all the goals in the first half. Within the space of just 7mins Bemerton scored all 3 goals, Williams scored again on 20mins to make it 3 in 2 games when after being set-up from Slade’s header, his first shot was parried but then he had a second chance and finished with a sweet lob to make it 0-1. The second followed on 22mins when Slade’s strong run down the left ended with an attempted chip but it fell into O’Keefe’s path and he made no mistake slamming the ball into the roof of the net 0-2. The last goal of the game came on 27mins when Sanger got his just rewards with a strong finish. The saecond half saw Bemerton press for more goals but with the woodwork and goalline clearances coming to Alresford’s rescue the score stayed at 0-3


Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Saturday 15th October 2011

BHHFC 3 Fawley 0

This was the return fixture from 3rd September so unless we meet in the cup we won’t be seeing Fawley again this season. Having met Fawley just 6 weeks ago and seeing the problems they caused, manager Chalk changed the side and tactics which worked well. Fawley were kept at bay all game and goals from Young on 13 mins, and two from Williams all in the first half meant that the second half was flat and not very exciting with both side seeing out the time left.


Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Saturday 10th September 2011

BHHFC 1 Moneyfields 2


Bemerton’s frustrating start continued and it is now 10 points in the last 4 games that have been dropped. A combination of yet another disallowed goal, woodwork, good goalkeeping and other influences led to this defeat by the high flying Moneyfields. Moneyfields started the brighter but once Bemerton settled they had the best chance to take the lead on 23mins when Walters shot was parried by Hook who then recovered to make a double save. Moneyfields frustration was evident and two cautions for Blake and Gauntlett quickly followed although both will have felt a caution was not really justified. On 42mins Mankin gave Bemerton the lead after a corner from Sanger saw O’Keefe’s header hit the post but rebounded to Mankin who volleyed home 1-0. Half time saw some words between the Moneyfields manager and he ref and along with his words to his team this was to have some influence second half. Bemerton had yet another goal disallowed on 50mins when Sanger fired home from a corner and confusion followed as to why it was disallowed. Then just 5 mins later Young had a great chance to double the lead but Bailey managed to get back and make a last ditch tackle to block his shot. Substitute O’Doye came off the bench and what seemed to be his first touch headed home from close range when left free in front of goal to make it 1-1. Then on 70mins Hutchings capitalised on a mistake and turned to slot home to put Moneyfields into the lead 2-1. A good game to watch for the neutral and all sides agreeing that Moneyfield’s Blake was probably the luckiest man to stay on the pitch after several fouls were left unpunished especially after he already received a caution in the first half.

Next game is Romsey away on Tuesday

See you there



Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Tuesday 6th September 2011

Romsey 1 BHHFC 0


On a bumpy surface with long grass it was going to be a case of defending deep and playing the long ball and Romsey’s game plan was obvious from the start and they executed it well. Bemerton cannot find the net at the moment no matter what they do and with a disallowed goal it just added to the frustration. This game was always going to be won with just one goal and it took a mistake from new keeper and ex-Romsey player Toomer who completely missed the ball when his attempted clearance saw the ball bobble over his foot and run free for Long to simply tap home. Bemerton should of taken the lead twice before Romsey goal when Walters hit the post and Young hit the bar but it wasn’t to be Bemerton’s night and that made 7 points dropped in the last three games.

Next game is home to Moneyfields

See you there


Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Saturday 3rd September 2011

Fawley 2 BHHFC 3


The last time these two teams met Fawley scored twice in the first ten minutes so Bemerton had be on their guard right from the start. Fawley didn’t disappoint and came at Bemerton right from the start with some fast attacking football. This time it was Bemerton’s turn to score early when Young not only made the scoring opportunity with a great tackle to win the ball and lay it off to Slade but also finished the move after Slade’s shot found it’s way back to Young who made no mistake and fired home past Page 0-1. Fawley continued with their game plan had had the best of the play and created more chances than Bemerton but just before half time O’Keefe picked up the ball in the middle of the park and fed Young his run took him clear and his cross found Sanger whose powerful shot was saved by Page but he couldn’t hold on to the ball and it bobbled over the line to make it 0-2. Fawley must of felt hard done by going in at half time two goals down. The second half was almost a mirror image with Bemerton having most of the play but Fawley scoring twice against the run of play. Firstly Hall who was allowed to score after strong offside claims saw all of Bemerton’s back four stop to appeal but Hall was the only one to carry on and fired home from close range 1-2. Bemerton with the downhill advantage continued to press Fawley and created several chances before Slade restored the two goal advantage when he rose to head home a powerful header at the near post 1-3. The last minute saw Fawley pull one back when Wiltshire netted to make the last minute a bit more exciting.

Next game is away to Romsey on Tuesday 6th

See you there



Sydenhams Wessex Pemier League

Monday 29th August 2011

BHHFC 1 Hamworthy 1


Bemerton continued their style of football which encourage teams to play an open

game and this was no exception. This game could of gone either way but in the end

a draw was probably a fair result although a strong penalty claim late on and some

desperate goal line clearances by Hamworthy could of seen Bemerton take all 3

points, Hamworthy’s work rate throughout the game was high and this was

one of the reasons they took something from this game. Hamworthy took the lead on

15mins when a looping header by Haysom found Toomer flat footed and the ball

dropped over into the net 0-1. Hamworthy nearly went two up when Robinsons well

stuck shot flew over the bar but Bemerton came back before the half was up and

Slade headed straight into the arms of Murphy after a great surging run and cross

from Renyard. Then on 36mins Slade was brought down in the box but a free kick

was given for an earlier foul outside of the box after advantage had been played and

the resulting free kick hit Sanger and deflected to safety. Hamworthy were now on

the back foot and defending well and two goal line clearances in succession kept the

score at half time to 0-1. Bemerton equalised on 59mins when Slade rose with

Murphy to head home but the goal was disallowed and a foul given against Slade.

Then on 75mins Slade was brought down in the box but all penalty claims were

waived away. It seemed that lady luck was on Hamworthy’s side that was until

the 87th min when Slade finally scored with a diving header after a low cross by


Saturday is away at Fawley

See you there


Sydenhams Wessex Premier League

Saturday 27th August 2011

Downton 2 BHHFC 2


This was always going to be a tricky fixture as are most local derbys but it was made all the more difficult by the bumpy playing surface and Downton’s defensive tactics of playing just one man up front and crowding out the midfield which made for a scrappy game and lots of the big boot tactics. Downton defended well and may have thought they had the game won when they went two up in the last 20mins of the first half but Bemerton fought back to take a share of the points. Before Downton opened the scoring Walters had hit the post and Sangers efforts found knees and legs in the way otherwise Bemerton could of been two up. It was Finnigan that gave Downton the lead on 35mins when a defensive error allowed